CALAVERAS COUNTY AIR POLLUTION CONTROL DISTRICT
RULE 210 - SPECIFIC CONTAMINANTS
- Sulfur Compounds. A person shall not release or discharge into the atmosphere from any source
of emission whatsoever, sulfur compound, calculated as sulfur dioxide (SO2), in excess of 2000 parts
per million by volume (0.2%) of exhaust gas.
- Combustion Contaminants. A person shall not release or discharge into the atmosphere from the
following sources or units thereof, combustion contaminants calculated at 12 percent carbon dioxide (CO2)
in excess of:
- Wood Fired Boilers and Incinerators: 0.2 grains per cubic foot of dry exhaust gas at standard conditions.
- All Other Sources: 0.1 grains per cubic foot of dry exhaust gas at standard conditions.
- Particulate matter emitted from a source or combination of sources in which exhaust gases from a combustion
unit or process are used to dry, calcine, pyrolyze, sinter or otherwise thermally condition, exclusive of combustion
any process material, shall be excluded from calculations as combustion contaminants.