CALAVERAS COUNTY AIR POLLUTION CONTROL DISTRICT
RULE 402 - EXEMPTIONS TO RULE 401
An Authority to Construct shall not be required for:
- Vehicles as defined by the Vehicle Code of the State of California.
- Vehicles other than those contained within the provisions of subsection 1. above used to transport passengers
- The exemption allowed under this Section shall not be extended to include any article, machine, equip-ment,
or other contrivance mounted on such vehicle contained within the provisions of subsection 1. and 2. above that
would otherwise require an Authority to Construct under the provisions of this Regulation.
- Equipment utilized exclusively in connection with any structure, which structure is designed for, and used
exclusively as a dwelling for not more than two families.
- The following equipment:
- Comfort air conditioning, or comfort ventilating systems, which are not designed to remove air con taminants
generated by, or released from specific units or equipment.
- Refrigeration units except those used as; or in conjunction with, air pollution control equipment.
- Piston type internal combustion engines used on other than vehicles for transporting passengers or freight,
and fired with natural gas or liquified petroleum gas, or those having 1,000 cubic inches cylinder displacement
or less and fired with diesel oil or gasoline.
- Water cooling towers and water cooling ponds not used for evaporative cooling of water from barometric jets
or from barometric condensers.
- Equipment used exclusively for steam cleaning.
- Equipment used in eating establishments for the purpose of preparing food for human consumption.
- Equipment used exclusively to compress or hold dry natural gas.
- The following equipment or any exhaust system or collector serving exclusively such equipment:
- Laboratory equipment used exclusively for chemical or physical analysis and bench scale laboratory equipment.
- Brazing, soldering or welding equipment.
- Steam generators, steam superheaters, water boilers, water heaters, and closed heat transfer systems that have
a maximum heat input rate of less than 50,000,000 British Thermal Units (BTU) per hour gross, and are fired exclusively
with one of the following:
- Natural gas;
- Liquified petroleum gas;
- A combination of natural gas and liquified petroleum gas.
- Self-propelled mobile construction equipment other than pavement burners.
- Implements of husbandry used in agricultural operations.
- Repairs or maintenance not involving structural changes to any equipment for which a Permit to Operate has
- Other sources emitting less than 1 ton per year of any criteria pollutant or precursor which may be specified
by the Air Pollution Control Officer.