COLUSA COUNTY AIR POLLUTION CONTROL DISTRICT
REGULATION II - PROHIBITIONS
RULE 2.5 - PERMIT REGULATIONS
The following applies to open-burning permits:
a. Open burning requiring an open-burning permit shall comply with the following:
- The applicant shall show that the proposed burn will not violate the regulations.
- Application for open-burning permits shall be on a form approved by the Air Pollution Control Officer and applicable
- Application must include the type of waste, and estimate of the amount of waste to be burned and the reason
why the burn is necessary.
- The burning must be done on the day or days designated by the issuing agency providing said day is a burn day
and the burning is in compliance with any restrictions or conditions imposed as a condition of the permit.
b. Open burning permits issued by designated agencies are limited to the following:
- Agricultural burning within their service areas on burn days;
- Open burning for the purpose of training in fire fighting providing the Air Pollution Control Officer is notified
prior to igniting the fire.
c. Other than as provided in subsection b., above, all open burning permits are to be issued by the Air Pollution
Control Officer or his authorized representative.
d. All open fires requiring a permit for open burning should be ignited by approved ignition devices.