GREAT BASIN UNIFIED AIR POLLUTION CONTROL DISTRICT
RULE 200 - PERMITS REQUIRED
- Authority to Construct. Before any person builds, erects, alters, or replaces any article, machine, equipment
or other contrivance which may cause the issuance of air contaminants or the use of which may eliminate or reduce
or control the issuance of air contaminants, such person shall obtain a written authority to construct from the
Air Pollution Control Officer. An authority to construct shall remain in effect until the permit to operate the
equipment for which the application was filed is granted or denied or the application is cancelled.
- Permit to Operate. Before any person operates or uses any article, machine, equipment or other contrivance
which may cause the issuance of air contaminants, a written permit shall be obtained from the Air Pollution Control
Officer. No permit to operate or use shall be granted either by the Air Pollution Control Officer, or the Hearing
Board for any such article, machine, equipment or contrivance described herein until the information required is
presented to the Air Pollution Control Officer and such article, machine, equipment or contrivance is altered,
if necessary, and made to conform to the standards set forth in Rule 212 and elsewhere in these Rules and Regulations.
- Review of Permits. The Air Pollution Control Officer may at any time require from an applicant for, or holder
of, any authority to construct or permit to operate, such information, analyses, plans or specifications as will
disclose the nature, extent, quantity or degree of air contaminants which are or may be discharged into the atmosphere.
- Post of Permit to Operate. A person who has been granted under Rule 200 (B) a permit to operate any article,
machine, equipment, or other contrivance described in Rule 200 (B), shall firmly affix such permit to operate,
or an approved facsimile or other approved identification bearing the permit number upon the article, machine,
equipment or other contrivance in such a manner as to be clearly visible and accessible. In the event that the
article, machine, equipment, or other contrivance is so constructed or operated that the permit to operate cannot
be so placed, the permit to operate shall be mounted so as to be clearly visible in an accessible place within
25 feet of the article, machine, equipment or other contrivance, or maintained readily available at all times on
the operating premises.
- Alteration of Permit. A person shall not willfully deface, alter, forge, counterfeit, or falsify any permit
issued under these Rules and Regulations.
- Control Equipment. Nothing in this rule shall be construed to authorize the control officer to require the
use of machinery, devices, or equipment of a particular type or design if the required emission standard may be
consistently met by machinery, devices, equipment, product or process change otherwise available.