GREAT BASIN UNIFIED AIR POLLUTION CONTROL DISTRICT
RULE 413 - REDUCTION OF ANIMAL MATTER
(Adopted 9/05/74; Revised 11/04/92)
- A person shall not operate or use any article, machine, equipment or other contrivance for the reduction of
animal matter unless all gases, vapors and gas-entrained effluents from such an article, machine, equipment or
other contrivance are:
- Incinerated at temperatures of not less than 1200 degrees Fahrenheit for a period of not less than 0.3 seconds;
- Processed in such a manner determined by the Air Pollution Control Officer to be equally, or more effective
for the purpose of air pollution control than (A) above.
- A person incinerating or processing gases, vapors or gas-entrained effluent pursuant to this rule shall provide,
properly install and maintain in calibration, in good working order and in operation, devices, as specified in
the Authority to Construct or Permit to Operate or as specified by the Air Pollution Control Officer, for recording
temperature pressure or other operating conditions.
- The provisions of this rule shall not apply to any article, machine, equipment or other contrivance used exclusively
for the processing of food for human consumption.