IMPERIAL COUNTY AIR POLLUTION CONTROL DISTRICT
RULE 609 - EPISODE ACTION STAGE 2 (WARNING)
(Last revised or adopted prior to October 15, 1979)
Upon the declaration of this stage, the Air Pollution Control Officer shall take the following actions or any combination
- The notifications required by Rule 605-C.
- The Air Pollution Control Board, County Counsel and the Emergency Action Committee (if one is appointed) shall
be called into session to study the pertinent information relating to the concentration of air contaminants and
to recommend to the Air Pollution Control Officer actions to be taken. Those actions may include, but are not limited
to, Stationary Source Curtailment and Episode Abatement Plans or any portions thereof.
- Carbon Monoxide - If the occurrence of Stage 2 for carbon monoxide is determined to have been due to traffic
congestion in a specific area, measures shall be taken to reduce the traffic congestion in that area.
- The Air Resources Board shall be notified at each quarter of the concentration difference between Stages 2
- The Executive Officer of the Air Resources Board may activate the Air Resources Board emergency action staff
and notify the Office of Emergency Service upon notification by the Air Pollution Control Officer that the pollutant(s)
concentration has reached Stage 2.
- Whenever the Air Pollution Control Officer determines it is necessary, the Air Pollution Control Board, County
Counsel and the Emergency Action Committee (if one is appointed) may recommend any actions required by this rule
with less than a quorum present. A majority of the members present is required for any such action.
- The Air Pollution Control Officer shall implement the actions recommended by the Air Pollution Control Board,
County Counsel and Emergency Action Committee (if one is appointed).