IMPERIAL COUNTY AIR POLLUTION CONTROL DISTRICT
RULE 610 - EPISODE ACTION STAGE 3 (EMERGENCY)
(Last revised or adopted prior to October 15, 1979)
Upon the declaration of this stage, the Air Pollution Control Officer shall take the following actions or any combination
- The notification required by Rule 605-C.
- The Air Pollution Control Board, County Counsel and the Emergency Action Committee (if one is appointed) shall
be called into session to study the pertinent information relating to the concentration of air contaminants and
to recommend to the Air Pollution Control Officer actions to be taken. Those actions may include, but are not limited
to Stationary Source Curtailment and Episode Abatement Plans or any portions thereof.
- Whenever the Air Pollution Control Officer determines it necessary, the Air Pollution Control Board, County
Counsel and the Emergency Action Committee (if one is appointed) may recommend any actions required by this rule
with less than a quorum present. A majority of the members present is required for such action.
- Review abatement action and determine if curtailment plan should include additional industrial sources and
the closing of all but essential business where continued operation would result in emissions that contribute to
- The Air Pollution Control Officer shall implement the actions recommended by the Air Pollution Control Board,
County Counsel and the Emergency Action Committee (if one is appointed).
- If it appears that the steps taken by the Air Pollution Control Officer will be inadequate to cope with the
emergency, the Air Pollution Control Board shall request action of the Executive Officer of the Air Resources Board.
F.1 The Office of Emergency Service and the Air Resources Board will evaluate actions that have been taken and
jointly advise the Governor of the conditions and may recommend to the Governor whether or not further actions
under the Emergency Service Act should be taken.
F.2 If it is determined that further action is necessary, the Office of emergency Service will activate its predetermined
procedures in accordance with the applicable portion of the State Peacetime Emergency Plan developed pursuant to
the Emergency Services Act.