IMPERIAL COUNTY AIR POLLUTION CONTROL DISTRICT
RULE 702 - RANGE IMPROVEMENT BURNING
(Adopted prior to 10/15/79; revised 3/20/73, 9/14/99)
- Range improvement burns shall be regulated by the provisions of Rule 701.
- If a burn is done primarily for improvement of land for wildlife and game habitat, a statement from the Department
of Fish and Game certifying that the burn is desirable and proper shall be submitted and filed with the application
for a burning permit.
- All burns shall be ignited as rapidly as practicable within applicable fire control restrictions.
- Brush to be ignited shall be treated at least six months prior to the burn unless the Air Pollution Control
Officer determines it is economically and technically not feasible.
- Unwanted trees over six inches in diameter shall be felled and dried in accordance with Rule 701.A.9.