MARIPOSA COUNTY AIR POLLUTION CONTROL DISTRICT
RULE 305 - MINIMUM DRYING TIMES
305.1 Requirements To lower the moisture content of the material being burned, the elapsed time between
cutting and burning shall be:
- A minimum of three days for green straw and stubble.
- Sufficient time for agricultural waste such as orchard prunings, small branches, vegetable tops, and seed screenings
to assure rapid and complete combustion with a minimum of smoke.
- A minimum of six weeks for trees stumps, and large branches greater than six inches in diameter.
- Under Forest Management Burning the drying time shall be specified by the designated agency.
- Under Range Improvement Burning the brush shall be felled, crushed or uprooted with mechanical equipment, or
desiccated with herbicides, or dead at least six months prior to the burn if economically and technically feasible
305.2 Exception The APC0 may, by permit, authorize shorter drying times if the denial of such a permit would threaten
imminent and substantial economic loss.