NORTHERN SONOMA COUNTY AIR POLLUTION CONTROL DISTRICT
RULE 430 - FUGITIVE DUST EMISSIONS
- The handling, transporting, or open storage of
materials in such a manner which allows or may allow unnecessary amounts of particulatematter to become airborne,
shall not be permitted.
- Reasonable precautions shall be taken to prevent
particulate matter from becoming airborne, including, but not limited to, the following provisions:
- Covering open bodied trucks when used for transporting
materials likely to give rise to airborne dust.
- Installation and use of hoods, fans, and fabric
filters to enclose and vent the handling of dusty materials. Containment methods can be employed during sandblasting
and other similar operations.
- Conduct agricultural practices in such a manner
as to minimize the creation of airborne dust.
- The use of water or chemicals for control of dust
in the demolition of existing buildings or structures, construction operations, the grading of roads or the clearing
- The application of asphalt, oil, water or suitable
chemicals on dirt roads, materials stockpiles, and other surfaces which can give rise to airborne dusts.
- The paving of roadways and their maintenance in
a clean condition.
- The prompt removal of earth or other material from
paved streets onto which earth or other material has been transported by trucking or earth moving equipment, erosion
by water, or other means.