NORTHERN SIERRA AIR QUALITY MANAGEMENT DISTRICT
RULE 210 - SPECIFIC CONTAMINANTS
(Adopted: September 11, 1991)
- Sulfur Compounds: A person
shall not release or discharge into the atmosphere from any source of emission whatsoever, sulfur compounds, calculated
as sulfur dioxide (SO2), in
excess of 2000 parts per million by volume (0.2%) of exhaust gas.
- Combustion Contaminants: A
person shall not release or discharge into the atmosphere from the following sources or units thereof, combustion
contaminants calculated at 12 percent carbon dioxide (CO2) in excess of:
- 1. Wood Fired Boilers and Incinerators: 0.2 grains per cubic foot of dry exhaust
gas at standard conditions.
- 2. All Other Sources: 0.1 grains per cubic foot of dry exhaust gas at standard
- Particulate matter emitted from a source or combination of sources in which exhaust
gases from a combustion unit or process are used to dry, calcine, pyrolyze, sinter or otherwise thermally condition,
exclusive of combusting any process material, shall be excluded from calculation as combustion contaminants.