NORTHERN SIERRA AIR QUALITY MANAGEMENT DISTRICT
RULE 304 - AGRICULTURAL BURNING
(Adopted: September 11, 1991)
Agricultural burning, as defined in Rule 300 A, shall be allowed under the following Rules and conditions:
- Rule 312 - Burning Permits.
- Burning, except that related to the disposal of empty pesticide or toxic substance containers used in agricultural
operations, shall occur only on those days approved pursuant to Rule 313 - Burn Day.
- Rule 314 - Minimum Drying Times.
- Rule 315 - Burning Management Requirements.
- Agricultural waste material shall be windrowed or piled where possible, unless good agricultural practice dictates