NORTHERN SIERRA AIR QUALITY MANAGEMENT DISTRICT
RULE 318 - AMERICAN VALLEY BURNING RESTRICTIONS
(Adopted: June 13, 1990; Amended: September 11, 1991; August 11, 1994; May 8, 1996)
All open burning of yard waste and debris or other rubbish shall be banned in that portion of the American Valley
known as Quincy and East Quincy, which is a portion of the Quincy Fire Protection District, described more particularly
in Exhibit A, attached to this resolution, and depicted in the map attached to this resolution as Exhibit B.
In the remainder of that portion of the American Valley that is within the Quincy Fire Protection District,
- All open burning shall be banned from November 15 to March 15 of each year, except that there shall be at least
15 days of such burning allowed in the fall. If there is not 15 days of such open burning between the lifting of
a burn ban related to fire risk by area agencies that issue burn permits and the air quality burn ban starting
November 15th, then the burn season shall be extended as necessary to achieve 15 days of such burning. Such burning
during this extension shall be permitted only in accordance with all existing regulations and shall be restricted
to the hours of 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM, or as determined by the APCO.
- Agricultural burning shall be allowed year-round, when conducted in accordance with all existing regulations.
If a burn season is extended for residential burning per item 3.A., above, then burn hours for agricultural burning
shall be restricted to the hours of 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM, or as determined by the APCO; and
- From March 16 through November 14 all burning shall be permitted according to all existing regulations.
||American Valley Definition
American Valley means all land within the boundaries of the Quincy Fire Protection District, and as amended
in the Plumas County Ordinance #90-742.
- Burning shall be allowed only on the premises where the material originated.
- Rule 312 - Burn Permit Requirements
- Rule 313 - Burn Days
- Rule 314 - Minimum drying times
- Rule 315 - Burning Management