NORTHERN SIERRA AIR QUALITY MANAGEMENT DISTRICT
RULE 703 - CONTENTS OF PETITIONS
(Adopted: September 11, 1991)
Every petition shall state:
- The name, address, and telephone number of the petitioner, or other person authorized to receive service of
- Whether the petitioner is an individual, co-partner, corporation, or other entity, and names and addresses
of the partners if a co-partnership, names, and addresses of the officers, if a corporation, and the names, and
addresses of the persons in control, if other entity.
- The type of business or activity involved in the application and the street address at which it is conducted.
- A brief description of the article, machine, equipment, or other contrivance, if any involved, in the application.
- The Section or Rule under which the petition is filed:
- To determine whether a permit shall be revoked, or a suspended permit reinstated, under Section 42307, Health
and Safety Code;
- For a variance under Section 42350, Health and Safety Code;
- To revoke or modify a variance under Section 42356, Health and Safety Code;
- To review the denial or conditional granting of an Authority to Construct or Permit to Operate under Rule 519
of these Rules and Regulations.
- To review the denial of certification or withdrawal of certified emission reductions under Rule 412 or to review
the withdrawal of approval of innovative technology under Rule 418.
- Each petition shall be signed by the petitioner, or by some person on his behalf, and where the person signing
is not the petitioner, it shall set forth his authority to sign.
- Petitions for revocation of permits shall allege, in addition, the Rule under which permit was granted, the
Rule, or Section which is alleged to have been violated, together with a brief statement of the facts constituting
such alleged violations.
- Petitions for reinstatement of suspended permits shall allege, in addition, the Rule under which the permit
was granted, the request and alleged refusal which formed the basis for such suspension, together with a brief
statement as to why information requested, if any, was not furnished, whether such information is believed by petitioner
to be pertinent, and, if so, when it will be furnished.
- All petitions shall be typewritten, double spaced, on legal or letter size paper, on one side of the paper
only, leaving a margin of at least one inch at the top and left side of each sheet.