SANTA BARBARA COUNTY AIR POLLUTION CONTROL DISTRICT
RULE 302 - VISIBLE EMISSIONS
(Adopted 10/18/1971, revised 4/23/1973, readopted 10/23/1978, revised 6/1981)
The provisions of this Rule do not apply to:
b. The instruction of public employees in the methods of fighting fire.
3. Agricultural operations necessary for the growing of crops, or raising of fowl or animals.
4. Orchard and citrus heaters meeting the requirements provided for by Section 41860 of the Health and Safety Code or any amendments and successors thereto.
5. The use of other equipment in agricultural operations necessary for the growing of crops, or raising of fowl or animals.
6. Smoke from fires set pursuant to Rule 312B pertaining to backyard burning in the Northern Zone.
7. In the Northern Zone, smoke from burning for right of way clearing pursuant to Rule 312C.
B. A person shall not discharge into the atmosphere from any single source of emission any air contaminants for a period or periods aggregating more than three minutes in any one hour which is:
2. Of such opacity as to obscure an observer's view to a degree equal to or greater than does smoke described in subsection B.1. of this Rule.
Observer. An observer may be human or a certified, calibrated, in-stack opacity monitoring system.