SHASTA COUNTY AIR QUALITY MANAGEMENT DISTRICT
RULE 2:25 - PUBLIC RECORDS -- TRADE SECRETS
- All information, analyses, plans, or specifications that disclose the nature, extent, quantity, or degree of
air contaminants or other pollution that any article, machine, equipment, or other contrivance will produce and
that any air pollution control district or any other state or local agency or District requires any applicant to
provide before such applicant builds, erects, alters, replaces, operates, sells, rents, or uses such article, machine,
equipment, or other contrivance, are public records.
- All air or other pollution monitoring data, including data compiled from stationary sources, are public records.
- Except as otherwise provided in subdivision D, trade secrets are not public records under this section.
As used in this section, "trade secrets" may include (but are not limited to) any formula, plan, pattern,
process, tool, mechanism, compound, procedure, production data, or compilation of information that:
- Is not patented,
- Is known only to certain individuals within a commercial concern who are using it to fabricate, produce, or
compound an article of trade or a service having commercial value, and
- Gives its user an opportunity to obtain a business advantage over competitors who do not know or use it.
- Notwithstanding any other provision of law, all air pollution emission data, including those emission data
that constitute trade secrets as defined in subdivision c, are public records.
Data used to calculate emission data are not emission data for the purposes of this subdivision, and data that
constitute trade secrets and that are used to calculate emission data are not public records. (Added 10-1-73)