SHASTA COUNTY AIR QUALITY MANAGEMENT DISTRICT
RULE 2:5 - EXEMPTIONS
(Amended 11-27-78, 1-3-84)
The APCO may exempt any kind or type of machines or devices within the following categories:
- Internal combustion engines;
- Equipment used exclusively for space heating or air conditioning, other than boilers;
- Equipment used in the preparation of food products that are intended for human consumption within 24 hours;
- Steam generators, steam superheaters, water heaters, and closed heat transfer systems that are fired exclusively
with one of the following:
- Natural gas;
- Liquefied petroleum gas;
- A combination of natural gas and liquefied petroleum gas.
- Agricultural equipment used in the preparation of the land, and the planting, tillage, and harvesting of field
and orchard crops.
- Self-propelled construction equipment used in land grading, paving, leveling, digging, or other similar operations,
other than pavement burners.
- Home-use appliances.
- Recreational equipment.
- Dryers for wood and wood products.
- Any program operated by a governmental agency to train air pollution enforcement personnel. (Added 11-27-78)
- Any source designated as an insignificant source by the APCO. (Added 1-3-84)
Except for subparagraph j, the exemptions set forth above do not supersede the provisions of Rule 3. (Amended