SISKIYOU COUNTY AIR POLLUTION CONTROL DISTRICT
RULE 2.2 - EXEMPTIONS
An Authority to Construct or a Permit to Operate shall not be required for the following sources;
provided that said sources are not subject to the requirements of Rule 2.13 and provided that said sources shall
comply with all other applicable rules and regulations:
- Vehicles as defined by the Vehicle Code of the State of California, but not including any article, machine,
equipment or other contrivance mounted on such vehicle that would otherwise require a permit under the provisions
of these rules and regulations.
- Equipment utilized exclusively in connection with any structure designed for and used exclusively as a dwelling
for not more than four families.
- Single chambered incinerators used exclusively to burn less than fifty pounds per day of approved combustibles.
- Outdoor recreational and cooking fires to include barbecues.
- Any equipment used in agricultural operations in the growing of crops or the raising of fowl or animals.
- Steam generators, water boilers, water heaters, or space heaters having an input heating value of less than
5 million BTU per hour and which are fired exclusively with one of the following:
- Natural gas.
- Liquefied petroleum gas.
- Distillate fuel oil.
- Any combination of items 1, 2, and 3.
- Containers, reservoirs, or tanks used exclusively for:
- Storage of liquefied gases.
- The storage of fuel used primarily for implements of husbandry.
- The storage of lubricating oils.
- The storage of gasoline and fuel oils and having a capacity of 20,000 gallons or less, provided that a permit
may be required for any bulk plant and for any retail service station subject to Rule 8.1.
- Repairs or maintenance not involving structural changes to any equipment for which a permit has been granted.
- Any article, machine, equipment or other contrivance which emits air contaminants below the significance level
and which the Control Officer determines should be exempted.
* * * * *