SISKIYOU COUNTY AIR POLLUTION CONTROL DISTRICT
RULE 4.4 - SPECIFIC AIR CONTAMINANTS
No person shall discharge from any single source whatsoever anyone or more of the following contaminants in
any state or combination thereof, exceeding in concentration at the point of discharge:
- Sulfur compounds calculated as sulfur dioxide 0.2 percent, by volume.
- Combustion contaminants
- Any source with an approved permit to operate or authority to construct as of July 1, 1987: 0.30 grains per
cubic foot of exhaust gas, calculated to 12 percent carbon dioxide at standard conditions.
- Any source with an approved authority to construct after July 1, 1987: 0.20 grains per cubic foot of exhaust
gas calculated to 12 percent carbon dioxide, at standard conditions.
- In measuring the combustion contaminants from incinerators used to dispose of combustible refuse by burning,
the carbon dioxide produced by combustion of any liquid or gaseous fuels shall be excluded from the calculation
to 12 percent of carbon dioxide.
- Fluorine compounds emissions shall not exceed 2.5 milligrams per cubic meter of exhaust gas at standard conditions.
- Oxides of nitrogen no person shall discharge oxides of nitrogen in excess of 140 pounds per hour for new or
expanded installations, calculated as nitrogen dioxide (NO2).
All emissions shall be measured by methods as designated in Article 2, Subchapter 8, Chapter 1, Part III,
Title 17, California Code of Regulations or equivalent methods approved by the Control Officer.
* * * * *