SISKIYOU COUNTY AIR POLLUTION CONTROL DISTRICT
RULE 4.7 - GASOLINE STORAGE
- Except as provided in this rule, no person shall load or permit the loading of gasoline into any stationary
tank with a capacity of 250 gallons or more from any tank truck or trailer, except through a permanent submerged
fill pipe, unless such tank is a pressure tank as described in Section 41951, or is equipped with a vapor recovery
system as described in Section 41952 or with a floating roof as described in Section 41953 or unless such tank
is equipped with other apparatus of equal efficiency which has been approved by the Control Officer.
- No person shall install any gasoline tank with a capacity of 250 gallons or more which does not meet these
- These requirements shall not apply to any stationary tank installed prior to December 31, 1970.
- For the purpose of this rule, "gasoline" means any petroleum distillate having a Reid vapor pressure
of four pounds or greater.
- For the purpose of this rule, "submerged fill pipe" means any fill pipe which has its discharge opening
entirely submerged when the liquid level is six inches above the bottom of the tank. "Submerged fill pipe",
when applied to a tank which is loaded from the side, means any fill pipe which has its discharge opening entirely
submerged when the liquid level is 18 inches above the bottom of the tank.
- This rule shall not apply to any stationary tank which is used primarily for the fueling of implements of husbandry.
* * * * *