SISKIYOU COUNTY AIR POLLUTION CONTROL DISTRICT
RULE 7.2 - NOTIFICATION OF BURNING CONDITIONS
- A notice as to whether the following day is a permissive-burn day, or a no-burn day, or whether the decision
will be announced the following day, shall be provided by the Board at 3:00 p.m. daily. If the decision is made
the following day it shall be announced by 7:45 a.m. Such notices shall be based on meteorological criteria for
regulating agricultural burning.
- Agricultural burning is prohibited on no-burn days, except as specified in Rule 7.3, and in Rule 7.5.
- Upon request from a permittee through a designated agency, seven days in advance of a specific range improvement
burn, forest management burn, or wildland vegetative management burn, at any elevation below 6,000 feet (msl),
a permissive-burn or no-burn notice will be issued by the Board up to 48 hours prior to the date scheduled for
the burn. Without further request, a daily notice will continue to be issued until a permissive-burn notice is
- Notwithstanding Subdivision C of this section, the State Board may cancel permissive-burn notices that have
been issued more than 24 hours in advance if the cancellation is necessary to maintain suitable air quality.
- A permissive-burn or no-burn advisory outlook will be available up to 72 hours in advance of burns specified
in Subdivision C of this section.
* * * * *