SAN LUIS OBISPO COUNTY AIR POLLUTION CONTROL DISTRICT
RULE 803 - CONTENTS AND FORMAT OF PETITIONS
(Adopted 8/2/76; Revised 5/13/98)
- Every petition shall state:
- The name, address and telephone number of the petitioner or other person authorized to receive service of notices.
- Whether the petitioner is an individual, co-partnership, corporation, or other entity, and names and addresses
of the managing officers, if a corporation, and the names and addresses of the persons in control, if other entity,
and names and addresses of the partners if a co-partnership.
- The type of business or activity involved in the application and the street address at which it is conducted.
- A brief description of the article, machine, equipment or other contrivance, if any, involved in the application.
- The section or rule under which the petition is filed; that is whether the petitioner desires a hearing:
- To request a variance under California Health and Safety Code (H&SC) Section 42350;
- To revoke or modify a variance under H&SC Section 42356;
- To determine whether an Authority to Construct or a Permit to Operate shall be revoked or a suspended permit
reinstated under H&SC Sections 42306 or 42307;
- To review the denial, suspension, revocation, or conditional granting of an Authority to Construct, Permit
to Operate or Permit to Rent or Sell;
- To request an abatement order be issued;
- To request that the decision of the District regarding approval or denial of emission banking be reviewed;
- To request that the decision of the Hearing Board be reheard under H&SC Section 40861.
- Each petition shall be signed by the petitioner, or by some person on his behalf, and where the person signing
is not the petitioner it shall set forth his authority to sign.
- Petitions for revocation of permits shall allege in addition to the rule under which permit was granted, the
rule or section which is alleged to have been violated, together with a brief statement of the facts constituting
such alleged violation.
- Petitions for reinstatement of suspended permits shall allege in addition to the rule under which the permit
was granted, the request and alleged refusal which formed the basis for such suspension, together with a brief
statement as to why information requested, if any, was not furnished, whether such information is believed by petitioner
to be pertinent, and, if so, when it will be furnished.
- All petitions shall be typewritten, double spaced, on legal or letter size paper, on one side of the paper
only, leaving a margin of at least one inch at the top and left side of each sheet.