TUOLUMNE COUNTY AIR POLLUTION CONTROL DISTRICT
RULE 304 - BURNING MANAGEMENT REQUIREMENTS
Title 17, 80150
- Material to be burned shall be arranged so that it will burn with a minimum of smoke.
- Except for large trees (diameter of six or more inches), only the amount that can be reasonably expected to
completely burned within the following twenty-four hours shall be ignited in any one day.
- All outdoor fires shall be ignited only with approved ignition devices.
- Material to be burned shall be ignited as rapidly as practicable within applicable fire control restrictions.
- Mitigating measures shall be taken when smoke is drifting into a nearby populated area or creating a public
- No material shall be burned unless it is free of tires, rubbish, tar paper, plastic, demolition and construction
debris; is reasonably free of dirt, soil, and moisture; and is loosely stacked in such a manner to promote drying
and insure combustion with a minimum of smoke.
- Any other conditions that the APCO may deem pertinent.