TUOLUMNE COUNTY AIR POLLUTION CONTROL DISTRICT
RULE 305 - MINIMUM DRYING TIMES
305.1 Requirements. As specified in Title 17, 80160; to lower the moisture content of the material being
burned, the elapsed time between cutting and burning shall be:
- A minimum of three days for green straw and stubble.
- Sufficient time for agricultural waste such as orchard prunings, small branches, vegetable tops, and seed screenings
to assure rapid and complete combustion with a minimum of smoke.
- A minimum of six weeks for trees, stumps, and large branches greater than six inches in diameter.
- A minimum of 6 months, if economically and technically feasible for brush. (Applicable to Range Improvement
- Material to be windrowed and piled when required. (Applicable to Forest Management Burning only.)
305.2 Exception The APCO may, by permit, authorize shorter drying times if the denial of such a permit would
threaten imminent and substantial economic loss.