TUOLUMNE COUNTY AIR POLLUTION CONTROL DISTRICT
RULE 601 - PERMIT FEES
- Authority to Construct Filing Fee. Every applicant for an Authority to Construct for which a permit is required
by State Law or the Rules and Regulations of the Air Pollution Control District shall pay a filing fee which is
equivalent to ten (10) hours of the Air Pollution Control District's hourly schedule as adopted by the Board of
- Cancellation or Denial. If an application for an Authority to Construct is canceled or denied and such denial
becomes final, the filing fee required herein shall not be refunded nor applied to subsequent applications.
- Approval. If an application for an Authority to Construct is approved, the filing fee will be applied to the
Permit to Operate fee.
- Permit to Operate. Every applicant for a Permit to Operate for which a permit is required by State Law or the
Rules and Regulations of the Air Pollution Control District shall pay a Permit to Operate fee annually based upon
the District's anticipated costs of regulatory actions during the term of such Permit to Operate. Each subsequent
year, the District shall adjust the Permit to Operate fees to reflect actual hours of regulatory activity. The
District's anticipated costs will be based upon the hourly fee schedule as adopted by the Board of Supervisors.
The owner or operator who is required by State Law or Regulation V of the District's Rules and Regulations to
pay a fee as prescribed by this regulation and fails to pay the required fee within 30 days of receipt of the notice,
shall be subject to a penalty fee not to exceed 50% of the initial fee. Penalty fees are not applicable to fee
adjustments as outlined in Rule 601B.
- Toxic Hot Spots. The owner or operator of a stationary source who is required by the Health & Safety Code
44300 et. seq. to pay a fee adopted by the Air Resource Board and fails to pay the required fee within 60 days
of receipt of the notice, shall be subject to a penalty fee pursuant to Section 44380 (c) of the Health and Safety