Inventory Data Archive - 1990 to 2004 Inventory
GHG inventory archive
In November 2007, the California Air Resources Board published the 1990-2004 greenhouse gas (GHG) inventory, which compiled statewide anthropogenic GHG emissions and sinks. It included estimates for carbon dioxide (CO2), methane (CH4), nitrous oxide (N2O), sulfur hexafluoride (SF6), hydrofluorocarbons (HFCs), and perfluorocarbons (PFCs) for years 1990 through 2004.
Each year, new activity, fuel consumption, and other data become available from California and federal agencies, international organizations, and industry associations. These new data enable staff to extend California's GHG inventory and, if necessary, adjust data that were used to estimate emissions for years already included in previously published inventories. GHG calculation methodologies often improve over time and are made more appropriate or more inclusive of the various sources of emissions. The latest edition of California's GHG inventory, covering years 2000 to 2009, is available on the current data page.
1990-2004 GHG Inventory (First edition, November 2007)
This is the first edition of California's GHG inventory published by the ARB in November 2007. The GHG emissions and sinks are categorized in three ways:
- Scoping Plan; follows the categories identified in the ARB Scoping Plan.
- Process-oriented categories; follows the IPCC categorization to ensure comparability with international inventories.
- Economic sectors; enables comparison with other ARB emission inventories, which are similarly categorized.
Select a subset of the 1990 inventory
Query the 1990 inventory by economic sector and/or by activity. This interactive query tool allows you to select a subset of the inventory in a table, view it or download it to your computer, find out how each of the emissions values was estimated, and plot the data. More details on the query tool's help page.
Download the entire 1990-2004 inventory
- 1990-2004 inventory by IPCC category - Full Detail [PDF-114 KB]
- 1990-2004 inventory by IPCC category - Full Detail [Excel-414 KB]
- 1990-2004 inventory by IPCC category - Summary [PDF-25 KB]
- 1990-2004 inventory by economic sector - Full Detail [PDF-128 KB]
- 1990-2004 inventory by economic sector - Full Detail [Excel-392 KB]
- 1990-2004 inventory by economic sector - Summary [PDF-100 KB]
- Land Use, Land Use Change, and Forestry - Net CO2 Flux [PDF-67 KB]
Download the Technical Support Document
The technical support document detailing the data sources and methods used to develop version 1 of the GHG inventory is available for download below.
- 1990-2004 Technical Support Document [PDF-1,550 KB]