Last reviewed on
April 14, 2014
California GHG Inventory for 2012 — by Category as defined in the Scoping Plan
- The surface area of each category is proportional to its GHG emissions;
- The color reflects change in emissions since year 2000: neutral grey for no change, greener for larger decrease, browner for larger increase.
- Bring your pointer on a category to read the 2012 GHG emission estimate in Tg (i.e. million metric tonne) of CO2 equivalent and the change since year 2000 (2000 value = index 100 so index=80 means 20% decrease, index=200 means doubling).
- Left click to set a category as the focus for the graph.
- Right click to set the parent category as the focus for the graph.
- Press F11 to view full screen.
-  Reflects emissions from combustion of natural gas, diesel, and lease fuel plus fugitive emissions
-  These categories are listed in the Industrial sector of ARB's GHG Emission Inventory sectors
-  This category is listed in the Electric Power sector of ARB's GHG Emission Inventory sectors
-  Reflects use of updated USEPA models for determining emissions from livestock and fertilizers
- CO2 equivalence based on Global Warming Potential values from IPCC Fourth Assessment Report