Refrigerant Management Program
Refrigerant Management Program has certain prohibitions,
recordkeeping and reporting
requirements for wholesalers and
distributors of all high
global warming refrigerants except ammonia and carbon
Refrigerant Wholesalers and Distributors
Beginning Jan. 1, 2011
- Recordkeeping (Section 95393)
- Retain on site for at least 5 years all invoices of refrigerant received or distributed
- Invoices must include purchaser’s name, sale’s date and the type and quantity of refrigerant.
of refrigerant sales or transfers to a company that services
systems must include documentation showing that the company currently
employs at least one U.S. EPA-certified technician.
- Report previous year’s refrigerant sales or transfers by March 1
- Cover all California facilities that bought or received refrigerant from the wholesaler or distributor
- The total weight, in pounds, of each type of refrigerant sold or transferred in the previous year, including:
- Transactions for eventual resale or delivery
- Shipments to certified reclaimers
Join the Refrigerant Management Program email list for updates.
For questions on the rule or to provide feedback, please contact Refrigerant Management Program Staff at (916) 324-2517.