Mandatory GHG Reporting - Electric Power Entities
This page updated February 8, 2013
- Specified Source Guidance - This document contains guidance on claiming a specified source of electricity and the associated environmental attributes
- February 1, 2013 Deadline - Registering Specified Sources
- New Asset Controlling Supplier (ACS) System Emission Factors for 2013
By February 1 of each year, Electric Power Entities (EPE) are required to register anticipated specified sources of power that they intend to claim in June 1 filings, pursuant to section 95111(g)(1) of the Mandatory Reporting Regulation (MRR). ARB will use this information to calculate emission factors for the specified sources submitted which will be used by EPEs in their June 1 emissions data reports.
Registration of sources anticipated to be claimed for the RPS adjustment is not required, but should be included with the June 1 emissions data report.
The link below provides the spreadsheet template for registering specified facilities as required by section 95111(g) of the GHG Mandatory Reporting Regulation. Please email the completed spreadsheet by the February 1st deadline to email@example.com with the subject line: “Registration of Specified Electricity Import and Export Sources.”
- Specified Facilities Reporting Spreadsheet (xlsx, Excel 2010)
- Specified Facilities Reporting Spreadsheet (xls, Excel 2007)
Asset Controlling Supplier - Registration by May 1, 2013
Electric Power Entities may register as an Asset Controlling Supplier pursuant to §95102(a)(17) and §95111(b)(3). Once the application has been received, staff will calculate and publish a system emission factor for each Asset Controlling Supplier. Applicants may download and complete the Asset Controlling Supplier application forms.