Mandatory GHG Reporting - Electric Power Entities
This page updated November 14, 2014
- FAQs: Energy Imbalance Market Transactions Reporting: This FAQ document addresses a variety of questions pertaining to the California Independent System Operator (CAISO) Energy Imbalance Market (EIM) and how certain EIM transfers are reported to ARB. Posted November 2014.
- FAQs: Renewable Electricity and Renewable Energy Credits: This FAQ document addresses a variety of questions related to reporting renewable electricity and renewable energy credits under the mandatory reporting rule. Posted June 2014.
- FAQs: ARB Specified Source Electrical Imports Greenhouse Gas Reporting: This FAQ document clarifies specified source, short-term transactions, and asset controlling supplier (ACS) related requirements. Posted May 2014.
- Specified Source Guidance: Addresses multiple facility designations, FERC licensed hydro projects, and the role of environmental attributes in specified source claims, including Renewable Energy Credits (REC). Posted February 2013.
Export Adjustment Calculation: This guidance document gives
an overview of the accepted method to calculate the Qualified Export
adjustment. Posted August 2012.
February 1 of each year, Electric Power Entities (EPE) are required to
register anticipated specified sources of power that they intend to
claim in June 1 filings, pursuant to section 95111(g)(1) of the
Mandatory Reporting Regulation (MRR). ARB will use this
information to calculate emission factors for the specified sources
submitted which will be used by EPEs in their June 1 emissions data
Registration of sources anticipated to be claimed for the RPS adjustment is not required, but should be included with the June 1 emissions data report.
The link below provides the spreadsheet template for registering specified facilities as required by section 95111(g) of the GHG Mandatory Reporting Regulation. Please email the completed spreadsheet by the February 1st deadline to email@example.com with the subject line: “Registration of Specified Electricity Import and Export Sources.”
- Specified Facilities Reporting Spreadsheet (xlsx, Excel 2010)
Asset Controlling Supplier (ACS)
information is posted on the ACS
Asset Controlling Supplier - Registration by May 1
Electric Power Entities may register as an Asset Controlling Supplier pursuant to §95102(a)(17) and §95111(b)(3). Once the application has been received, staff will calculate and publish a system emission factor for each Asset Controlling Supplier. Applicants may download and complete the Asset Controlling Supplier application forms.
Updated 2013 Specified Source Emission Factors (8/8/2014)
Certain specified source emission
factors for 2013 data were updated
EPA greenhouse gas emissions data. Affected EPEs were provided
additional time to perform verification of 2013 data. The time
not apply to EPEs that were not affected by the emission factor update.
- Regulatory Advisory (8/8/14): Verification Deadline Extension for certain Electric Power Entities for 2013 Data
- Specified Source Emission Factor Revisions Summary (for 2013 data)
Instructions for Updating Emission Factors in Workbook 1
The updated 2013 specified source emission factors were available at the Cal e-GGRT help-site (see Electric Power Entities, file: Updated 2013 EF.xls).
Only reporters using specified sources that have been updated were required to update and resubmit their EPE reports.
Reporters affected by the emission factor update updated the factors in their previously submitted Workbook 1.
- Instructions for Updating EFs in Workbook 1 (2013 Data Only)
A revised Workbook 1 for 2013 data was posted that incorporates the updated emission factors. This should not be used by EPEs that have already completed a 2013 data report. Instead, follow the instructions above to update the existing workbook.