Mandatory GHG Reporting - Electric Power Entities
This page updated January 12, 2015
- FAQs: Energy Imbalance Market Transactions Reporting: This FAQ document addresses a variety of questions pertaining to the California Independent System Operator (CAISO) Energy Imbalance Market (EIM) and how certain EIM transfers are reported to ARB. Posted November 2014.
- FAQs: Renewable Electricity and Renewable Energy Credits: This FAQ document addresses a variety of questions related to reporting renewable electricity and renewable energy credits under the mandatory reporting rule. Posted June 2014.
- FAQs: ARB Specified Source Electrical Imports Greenhouse Gas Reporting: This FAQ document clarifies specified source, short-term transactions, and asset controlling supplier (ACS) related requirements. Posted May 2014.
- Specified Source Guidance: Addresses multiple facility designations, FERC licensed hydro projects, and the role of environmental attributes in specified source claims, including Renewable Energy Credits (REC). Posted February 2013.
Export Adjustment Calculation: This guidance document gives
an overview of the accepted method to calculate the Qualified Export
adjustment. Posted August 2012.
By February 1, 2015, EPEs must
anticipated specified sources of power that they intend to claim in
their 2014 Emissions Data Reports pursuant to section 95111(g)(1) of
the Regulation for the Mandatory Reporting of Greenhouse Gas Emissions
(MRR). All specified sources associated with imported power, exported
power, or power used to claim an RPS adjustment, including any zero
emission resources, must be registered by February 1, 2015, as well as
new and existing anticipated specified sources for asset-controlling
ARB will use this information to calculate an emissions factor for each specified source. The emission factors will be published on ARB’s website and made available to reporting entities in Workbook 1.
The link below provides the Specified Source Facilities Workbook. Completed Specified Source Facilities Workbooks must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “Specified Source Registration – [company acronym]” by the February 1, 2015 deadline
- Specified Source Facilities Workbook (xlsx, Excel 2010)
Information related to ARB's Asset
Controlling Supplier (ACS) program is posted on the ACS
Asset Controlling Supplier - Registration by May 1
Pursuant to section 95111(f) of MRR, electric power entities (EPE) may register with ARB as an Asset Controlling Supplier (ACS). For entities applying to be an ACS, please submit your application to ARB by May 1st of the year proceeding the data year for which the entity intends to be an ACS. Submission by this date, using the Asset Controlling Supplier application forms is needed to ensure sufficient time to process and review the application for the upcoming reporting year.
Updated 2013 Specified Source Emission Factors (8/8/2014)
Certain specified source emission
factors for 2013 data were updated
EPA greenhouse gas emissions data. Affected EPEs were provided
additional time to perform verification of 2013 data. The time
not apply to EPEs that were not affected by the emission factor update.
- Regulatory Advisory (8/8/14): Verification Deadline Extension for certain Electric Power Entities for 2013 Data
- Specified Source Emission Factor Revisions Summary (for 2013 data)
Instructions for Updating Emission Factors in Workbook 1
The updated 2013 specified source emission factors were available at the Cal e-GGRT help-site (see Electric Power Entities, file: Updated 2013 EF.xls).
Only reporters using specified sources that have been updated were required to update and resubmit their EPE reports.
Reporters affected by the emission factor update updated the factors in their previously submitted Workbook 1.
- Instructions for Updating EFs in Workbook 1 (2013 Data Only)
A revised Workbook 1 for 2013 data was posted that incorporates the updated emission factors. This should not be used by EPEs that have already completed a 2013 data report. Instead, follow the instructions above to update the existing workbook.