Mandatory GHG Reporting - Electric Power Entities
This page updated August 8, 2014
Updated Specified Source Emission FactorsCertain specified source emission factors have been updated using U.S. EPA greenhouse gas emissions data. EPEs affected by this update have additional time to perform verification . The time extension does not apply to EPEs that are not affected by the emission factor update.
- Regulatory Advisory (8/8/14): Verification Deadline Extension for certain Electric Power Entities
- Specified Source Emission Factor Revisions Summary
Instructions for Updating Emission Factors in Workbook 1
The updated specified source emission factors are available at the Cal e-GGRT help-site (see Electric Power Entities, file: Updated 2013 EF.xls).
Only reporters using specified sources that have been updated should update and resubmit their EPE reports.
Reporters affected by the emission factor update must update the factors in their previously submitted Workbook 1.
- Instructions for Updating EFs in Workbook 1
A revised Workbook 1 has also been posted that incorporates the updated emission factors. This should not be used by EPEs that have already completed a 2013 data report. Instead, follow the instructions above to update the existing workbook.
If you have questions regarding the emission factor update process contact Wade McCartney, 916.327.0822, or Patrick Gaffney, 916-322-7303.
- FAQs: Renewable Electricity and Renewable Energy Credits: This FAQ document addresses a variety of questions related to reporting renewable electricity and renewable energy credits under the mandatory reporting rule. Posted June 2014.
- FAQs: ARB Specified Source Electrical Imports Greenhouse Gas Reporting: This FAQ document clarifies specified source, short-term transactions, and asset controlling supplier (ACS) related requirements. Posted May 2014.
- Specified Source Guidance: Addresses multiple facility designations, FERC licensed hydro projects, and the role of environmental attributes in specified source claims, including Renewable Energy Credits (REC). Posted February 2013.
Export Adjustment Calculation: This guidance document gives
an overview of the accepted method to calculate the Qualified Export
adjustment. Posted August 2012.
By February 1 of each year, Electric Power Entities (EPE) are required to register anticipated specified sources of power that they intend to claim in June 1 filings, pursuant to section 95111(g)(1) of the Mandatory Reporting Regulation (MRR). ARB will use this information to calculate emission factors for the specified sources submitted which will be used by EPEs in their June 1 emissions data reports.
Registration of sources anticipated to be claimed for the RPS adjustment is not required, but should be included with the June 1 emissions data report.
The link below provides the spreadsheet template for registering specified facilities as required by section 95111(g) of the GHG Mandatory Reporting Regulation. Please email the completed spreadsheet by the February 1st deadline to email@example.com with the subject line: “Registration of Specified Electricity Import and Export Sources.”
- Specified Facilities Reporting Spreadsheet (xlsx, Excel 2010)
Asset Controlling Supplier - Registration by May 1
Electric Power Entities may register as an Asset Controlling Supplier pursuant to §95102(a)(17) and §95111(b)(3). Once the application has been received, staff will calculate and publish a system emission factor for each Asset Controlling Supplier. Applicants may download and complete the Asset Controlling Supplier application forms.