Mandatory Greenhouse Gas Reporting Regulation
This page updated October 24, 2013
2013 Regulatory ActivitiesProposed revisions to the GHG Mandatory Reporting Regulation for consideration by the Air Resources Board October 25, 2013.
- 2013 Rule Making Documents including Staff Report: Initial Statement of Reasons, Hearing Notice, etc.
- Comments Received, Discussion Workshops, and other information
The regulation for the Mandatory Reporting of Greenhouse Gas Emissions (mandatory reporting regulation or MRR) was originally approved in 2007 and revised in 2010 and 2012. The current regulation became effective on January 1, 2013.
- Complete Regulation - Unofficial version of complete regulation prepared by ARB staff
- Legal Edition of Regulation - Official Office of Administrative Law official version of regulation provided by individual regulation sections (search on title 17, Div. 3, chapter 1, subchapter 10, starting with section 95100)
- Regulatory Edition of Regulation - Regulation showing only changed sections in underline/strikeout
- 2012 Rule Making Documents including Final Statement of Reasons, Initial Statement of Reasons, and other documents
- Key Dates for GHG mandatory reporting
2010 Regulatory Documents - Archive
2010 ARB Mandatory Reporting Regulation
- Complete Regulation - Unofficial version of complete regulation compiled by ARB staff, without underline/strikeout formatting
Edition - Official Office of Administrative Law official
version of regulation provided by individual regulation sections
(search on title 17, starting with section 95100)
- Regulatory Edition - Regulation including underline/strikeout changes, and all associated regulatory documents
U.S. EPA GHG Reporting RegulationUnofficial Electronic Compilation
ARB’s Regulation for the Mandatory Reporting of Greenhouse Gas Emissions (title 17, California Code of Regulations (CCR), sections 95100-95157) incorporated by reference certain requirements promulgated by the United States Environmental Protection Agency (U.S. EPA) in its Final Rule on Mandatory Reporting of Greenhouse Gases (Title 40, Code of Federal Regulations (CFR), Part 98). Specifically, section 95100(c) of ARB’s regulation incorporated those requirements promulgated by U.S. EPA as published in the Federal Register on October 30, 2009, July 12, 2010, September 22, 2010, October 28, 2010, November 30, 2010, December 17, 2010, and April 25, 2011.
The unofficial electronic compilation of selections from the U.S. EPA GHG regulation included below is provided by the California Air Resources Board (ARB) staff solely for the reader’s convenience. The official legal versions of the incorporated CFR provisions from the Federal Register are available, with the incorporated Federal Register notice and date, at http://www.epa.gov/climatechange/emissions/subpart.html.
For each subpart, this unofficial compilation combines the various incorporated Federal Register versions into one document for the reader’s convenience; however, this compilation is not an official edition of either the CFR or the CCR. While reasonable steps have been taken to make this unofficial compilation accurate, the officially published requirements, found within the incorporated Federal Register notices with the dates listed above, take precedence if there are any discrepancies.
Unofficial Electronic Compilation of U.S. EPA Part 98 GHG Regulations
Referenced by ARB Mandatory Reporting GHG Regulation
|General Provisions||Subpart A|
|General Stationary Fuel Combustion Sources||Subpart C|
|Electricity Generation||Subpart D|
|Cement Production||Subpart H|
|Glass Production||Subpart N|
|Hydrogen Production||Subpart P|
|Iron and Steel Production||Subpart Q|
|Lime Manufacturing||Subpart S|
|Nitric Acid Production||Subpart V|
|Petroleum and Natural Gas Systems||Subpart W|
|Petroleum Refineries||Subpart Y|
|Pulp and Paper Manufacturing||Subpart AA|
|Suppliers of Petroleum Products||Subpart MM|
|Suppliers of Natural Gas and Natural Gas Liquids||Subpart NN|
|Suppliers of Carbon Dioxide||Subpart PP|