Refrigerant Management Program (RMP)
|ANNOUNCEMENT: 2014 Annual Reports period opened January 1, 2015. Deadline March 1, 2015.|
|Free online Webinars to review the use of R3 have been broadcast Dec. 11 and Jan. 13.
Webinar slides are available in PDF form to be viewed in advance, dowloaded or printed here: PDF of slides.
Recordings of the Webinars are available:
The RMP requires facilities with refrigeration systems with more than 50 pounds of high-GWP refrigerant to:
- conduct and report periodic leak inspections;
- promptly repair leaks; and
- keep service records on site.
These facilities must register using
tool; facilities with 200 lbs. or more must also submit
annual reports by March 1 of each year.
The regulation also affects:
- any person who installs, services or disposes of any appliance using a high-GWP refrigerant; and
- refrigerant wholesalers, distributors and reclaimers.
These facilities are also subject to registration and reporting requirements. Facilities whose systems use only ammonia or carbon dioxide as refrigerants are not subject to the rule.
Click the icon below to visit the R3 tool:
For questions or to provide feedback on the rule please email RMP staff, or call us at (916) 324-2517
Join the RMP email list for updates