Update to the AB 32 Scoping Plan
This page last reviewed February 10, 2014
The Update to the Scoping Plan builds upon the initial Scoping Plan with new strategies and recommendations. The update identifies opportunities to leverage existing and new funds to further drive GHG emission reductions through strategic planning and targeted low carbon investments. The update defines ARB’s climate change priorities for the next five years and sets the groundwork to reach long-term goals set forth in Executive Orders S-3-05 and B-16-2012. The update will highlight California’s progress toward meeting the “near-term” 2020 GHG emission reduction goals defined in the initial Scoping Plan. It will also evaluate how to align the State's "longer-term" GHG reduction strategies with other State policy priorities for water, waste, natural resources, clean energy, transportation, and land use.
Download Update to Plan
Draft Proposed First Update (posted February 10, 2014)
- Appendix A: AB 32 Text
- Appendix B: Status of Scoping Plan Measures Coming Soon!
- Appendix C: Focus Group White Papers Coming Soon!
- Appendix D: Local and Regional Efforts to Implement Climate Protection Strategies (posted February 10, 2014)
- Appendix E: AB 32 Environmental Justice Advisory Committee Initial Recommendations to Inform Development of the 2013 Update to the AB 32 Scoping Plan (posted August 6, 2013)
- Appendix F: Environmental Analysis Coming Soon!