International Diesel Retrofit Advisory Committee
This page last reviewed May 29, 2008
To advise ARB staff on the technical issues associated with the retrofit of diesel PM controls on stationary, portable, and agricultural diesel engines.
- To provide technical information for specifying the appropriate catalyst-based
diesel particulate filters for specific vehicle or engine applications applicable
to agricultural operations.
- To assist in developing specific demonstration projects for diesel-fueled
engines or vehicles solely used in agricultural operations.
- To encourage catalyst-based diesel particulate filters manufacturers to
participate in the demonstration projects.
- To assist in identifying unusual vehicle and / or engine operating modes
in agricultural operations that would present a technical challenge to
catalyst-based diesel particulate filters effectiveness and durability.
- To openly share test data from all demonstration programs, as well as all
non-proprietary technical data.
- To identify costs for retrofit devices.
- To enhance communication between manufacturers of retrofit devices, engine
and equipment manufacturers, and end-users regarding technical concerns and solutions.
- To perform an advisory role in providing technical information regarding
diesel PM controls.