Electronic Rule Reviews
This page last reviewed May 07, 2015
Here is a summary of the electronic procedures that are already in widespread use by most districts for transmitting rule review packages to the Air Resources Board.
Rules that will be submitted to U.S. EPA as revisions to the State Implementation Plan (SIP) are sent as e-mail message attachments to the ARB rule review coordinators listed below. Please include a submittal request letter (with handwritten signature or initials) on district letterhead with each submittal package. A single submittal letter can include multiple rules. For each rule, please complete and submit to ARB a copy of the following documents, either in Microsoft® Word (.doc) or Adobe® Acrobat® (.pdf) format:
- ARB SIP Completeness Checklist,
- ARB Evaluation Form,
- Your district’s board resolution adopting the final version of the rule, and the board meeting minutes and/or agenda (if available),
- An underline/strikeout copy of the rule to show what was changed from the previous version (if applicable),
- A clean copy of the rule so that we may update ARB's online District Rules Database with the most current version of the rule,
- The board hearing notice for the hearing at which the rule was amended (optional),
- At least one news clipping publicly noticing the board hearing,
- The staff report for the rule (if available),
- Any comment letters received regarding the rule (optional),
- Workshop minutes (optional), and
- Copies of any rules which were referenced in the text of the rule you are submitting (optional).
If you have any questions relating to the district rule database or current rules, please contact the ARB rule review coordinators: