LCFS Crude Oil Lifecycle Assessment
This page last reviewed June 23, 2016
This page provides information regarding the Crude Oil Lifecycle Assessment under the LCFS. In 2009, the Board directed staff to prepare guidelines to assist regulated parties in determining carbon intensity values for crude oil used in California. Staff organized several workgroup meetings in 2010 an 2011 and adopted the Oil Production Greenhouse Gas Emission Estimator (OPGEE) Model in 2012. The OPGEE model was updated as part of the 2015 LCFS readoption. This page provides the results of Crude Oil Lifecycle Assessment and its suporting documents.
Current Version: OPGEE Model and Supporting Information
- OPGEE Version 1.1E
- OPGEE User Guide and Technical Documentation
- MCON Inputs Spreadsheet for 2010 Baseline Crudes
- MCON Inputs Spreadsheet for Crude Lookup Table
Final California Crude Average Carbon Intensity Values (View Public Comments)
- 2015 Crude Carbon Intensity Value
- 2014 Crude Carbon Intensity Value
- 2013 Crude Carbon Intensity Value
- 2012 Crude Carbon Intensity Value
Mid-Year Crude Average Carbon Intensity Estimates
- Oil Production Greenhouse Gas Emission Estimator (OPGEE) Version 1.0
- OPGEE Model Supporting Materials version 1.0
Contact UsIf you have questions regarding the above information, please contact James Duffy via email.
Join Email ListARB List Server for Low Carbon Fuel Standard:
If you would like to receive e-mail when changes are made to this website, please sign up here.