LCFS Crude Oil Lifecycle Assessment
This page last reviewed October 10, 2014
This page provides information regarding the Crude Oil Lifecycle Assessment under the LCFS. In 2009, the Board directed staff to prepare guidelines to assist regulated parties in determining carbon intensity values for crude oil used in California. Staff has organized several workgroup meetings in 2011 and finally adopted Oil Production Greenhouse Gas Emission Estimator (OPGEE) Model in 2012. This page provides the results of Crude Oil Lifecycle Assessment and its suporting documents. If you wish to submit a comment, click the “Public Comment” link.
Oil Production Greenhouse Gas Emission Estimator Model and Supporting Information
- Oil Production Greenhouse Gas Emission Estimator (OPGEE) Version 1.0
- OPGEE Model Supporting Materials version 1.0
Average Crude Carbon Intensity Values
- 2010 Baseline Carbon Intensity Value for CARBOB, California RFG, and ULSD
- 2012 Crude Carbon Intensity Value
- 2013 Crude Carbon Intensity Value
Mid-Year Crude Average Carbon Intensity Estimates
- 2014 Mid Year Crude Average CI Estimate (PDF-82k)
Join Email List
If you would like to receive an e-mail when changes are made to this website, you can sign up here.