Access for Persons with Disabilities
This page last reviewed June 29, 2010
State and federal laws require that all public entities ensure that their
programs, activities and services are accessible to persons with
disabilities. One of the most important components of accessibility is
ensuring that any communication with persons with disabilities is as
effective as communications with others. The Air Resources Board (ARB)
will make every effort to provide reasonable accommodation for person
with disabilities. The ARB ensures equal employment opportunity of all
persons, at all levels on the basis of merit. ARB prohibits
discrimination on the basis of disability in its hiring or employment
Theresa Melendez, Reasonable Accommodation Coordinator
c/o Air Resources Board
1001 I Street
P.O. Box 2815
Sacramento, CA 95812
The ARB will, to the best of our ability:
- Ensure that all meetings, conferences, training courses, and hearings sponsored by the ARB are accessible, free from architectural and communication barriers.
- Upon request, provide auxiliary aides and services for persons with disabilities as needed to ensure program access, unless such accommodation would result in undue burden.
- Engage in interactive, courteous dialogue with the individual making a request for an accommodation.
- Provide publications in alternative formats such as in Braille, large print, computer disk / CD / DVD, or tape cassette. There will be no cost to the requester.
- For those who will be attending a meeting, the ARB may provide sign language interpreters, assistive hearing devices or other types of accommodations upon request. There is no charge for this service. Requests must be provided as soon as possible or no later than 10 (ten) business days before the event / meeting / hearing.
In addition to standard email addresses and phone numbers presented throughout this website, we can be reached in other ways:
Voice Telephone: (916) 323-4916
TTY / TDD / Speech-to-Speech: 7-1-1
California Relay Service (CRS): (800) 735-2922 (Voice)
Reasonable Accommodation Coordinator