Mobile Sources Program - Consumers Portal
This page last reviewed August 12, 2013
If you have questions or see a smoking vehicle call 1-800-END-SMOG.
- If you are thinking of buying a new car in California, our driveclean.ca.gov website provides environmental ratings on all cars certified in California starting in 2000.
- The Plug-in Electric Vehicle (PEV) Resource Center is a buying guide dedicated completely to vehicles that plug-in.
- All vehicles are required to display the Fuel Economy and Environment Label that will help you choose the cleanest, most efficient vehicle.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- How can you bring
a vehicle into California from out-of-state? How about a Canadian vehicle?
- What are the current policies for carpool lane access?
- What are the requirements for Aftermarket, Performance and Add-On Parts?
- How do I find out about the vehicle scrap programs in California?
- What are ARB's activiteis with Advanced Clean Cars?
- What are ARB's activities with Climate Change?
- Where can I find out how to fuel my alternative fuel vehicle?
- Where can I find more information about Battery and Fuel Cell Electric Vehicles?
- What is happening with Hydrogen in California?
- What should I know about off-road recreational vehicles?
- What should I know about purchasing watercraft?
- What are California's passenger car and light-duty truck requirements?
- DriveClean.ca.gov and the PEV Resource Center provide information on all car and truck incentives.
- Learn about other incentives and grant programs are available for clean vehicles.
- ARB is developing easier access to loan opportunities
- Visit DriveClean.ca.gov to find the cleanest vehicles sold in California.
- Visit the PEV Resource Center to learn about and compare all plug-in vehicles.
- Get information about Smog Check
- Learn about ARB's research and studies re: mobile sources of air pollution.