Certifications Document Management System - How to Use ARB DMS
This page last reviewed February 3, 2014
The DMS web address has changed. The new address is: https://ssl.arb.ca.gov/edms
How to Use ARB DMS?
To access ARB DMS you must be an authorized motor vehicle or engine manufacturer. If you do not have an account and are interested in applying to ARB for a vehicle or an engine emission certification, please contact us.
Computer Requirements to Use ARB DMS
- -Internet Explorer 6.0+ or Netscape Navigator 7.0+ browser
Acceptable Electronic Document Formats
- - Adobe PDF
- - Image formats: JPG and GIF
- - Microsoft Office: Word 2003, Excel 2003, Power Point 2003, and Access 2003
User's Guide for ARB DMS Version 2 - Updated to reflect new OpenEDMS 3.7 user interface and features, includes all categories and more.
Updated File Naming Convention - Updated 2/23/12 (changes highlighted)
ARB DMS Training - Updated 1/28/14
ARB staff provides internet training sessions to demonstrate how to use the system to interested manufacturers. Each 60-minute (approx.) session is provided once a month, on the first Tuesday of every month. For interested manufacturers, please contact your certification representative or Shobna Sahni for training details. The proposed training dates for 2014 are:
ARB DMS Tutorials
The following tutorials show step by step how to perform each of the tasks listed below. These tutorials were created to provide a quick reference in a specific DMS function or to be used as a training tool of how to submit documents to ARB DMS repository. If you have problems running these tutorials you may need to customize the security setting of Microsoft Internet and the Flash Player Settings. To learn how to do it please run these programs:
ARB Tutorials for Manufactures
- How to Connect and Login to ARB DMS
- How to Change User Password
- How to Create a New Engine Family Folder
- How to Upload Documents to ARB DMS
- How to Submit Documents to WorkFlow Processes
- How to Add Revised Documents to the Existing Workflow Processes
- How to Add new Documents to Desired Workflow Processes
- How to Submit Multiple Documents to a Workflow Process
- How to Create Multiple Engine Family Folders
- How to Use Folder Metadata to Reduce File Metadata Entry
- How to Link Common File(s) to the Files from Multiple Test Groups/Engine Families
Frequently Asked Questions
- How can I relate the version of an EPA and an ARB document?
- How can one show or hide thumbnails?
- What is the process to create folders to upload engine and test group documents?
- What is the naming convention for OBD2 approval letters and EPA Certificate of Compliance (EPA CofC)
- How can one submit Off-Road PLT reports that contain data from two model years?
- How do I submit a Running Change to the DMS for an Off-Road engine/evaporative family?
- What are the different document statuses (Received, Pending, etc.), and what is the definition for each of them?
- What code should I use to name On-Road Service Manual, Owners Manual, or TSB documents?
- How can I edit the properties of a document?
- Why there is no workflow process template? I cannot submit my document.
- What is the advantage of creating a folder with the copy/paste function versus the create folder function?
- How can I change the default document-type of a folder, and add metadata to it?
- Ivonne Guzman-Cicero (Light Duty), (626) 575-6718
- Shobna Sahni (Motorcycle), (626) 450-6104
- Shih-Hao Pang (Heavy Duty & Off-Road Compression Ignition), (626) 450-6127
- Michael Lin (Off-Road Spark Ignition), (626) 459-4461
- Kevin Curley (Off-Road Spark Ignition), (626) 350-6418
- John Ng (On Board Diagnostic), (626) 459-4300 Updated 2/3/14