How to Apply for a Carl Moyer Grant
This page last reviewed February 15, 2013
The Carl Moyer Program provides monetary grants to private companies and public agencies to clean up their heavy-duty engines beyond that required by law through retrofitting, repowering or replacing their engines with newer and cleaner ones.
How Can I Apply for a Carl Moyer Grant?
These grants are issued locally by air pollution control districts and air quality management districts. Not all air districts fund every type of Carl Moyer Program project availabe. Please contact your local air district for the most updated information on funding availability, project eligibility, applications, and a selection timeline.
What Types of Projects Are Eligible for Carl Moyer Grants?
Projects that reduce emissions from heavy-duty on and off-road equipment qualify. This includes trucks over 14,000 gross vehicle weight, off-road equipment such as construction and farm equipment, marine vessels and locomotives, stationary agricultural equipment, forklifts, light-duty and other agricultural sources and airport ground support equipment.
- On-Road Heavy-Duty Vehicles
- On-Road Heavy-Duty Vehicles Fleet Modernization
- Emergency Vehicles (Fire Apparatus)
- Off-Road Compression-Ignition Equipment
- Off-Road Large Spark-Ignition Equipment
- Off-Road Equipment Replacement
- Portable and Stationary Agricultural Sources
- Light-Duty Vehicles
- Off-Road Voucher Incentive Program (ORVIP)
- On-Road Voucher Incentive Program (VIP)
Who Can I Contact for Information About the Carl Moyer Program?
For more information regarding the Carl Moyer Program, email us or call ARB at 866-6DIESEL (866-634-3735) or contact your local air district.
Join the Carl Moyer Program list serve.