In-Use Off-Road Diesel Vehicle Regulation - AB1085 Background Materials on Air Emissions, Health Impacts, and Economic Impacts
This page last reviewed October 28, 2010Below, ARB staff have posted background materials, calculations, and models to allow stakeholders to verify the estimates presented in the October 2010 STAFF REPORT: INITIAL STATEMENT OF REASONS FOR PROPOSED RULEMAKING, PROPOSED AMENDMENTS TO THE REGULATION FOR IN-USE OFF-ROAD DIESEL-FUELED FLEETS AND THE OFF-ROAD LARGE SPARK-IGNITION FLEET REQUIREMENTS.
AB 1085 Background: On October 11, 2009, AB 1085 was signed into law and became effective on January 1, 2010. The legislation was subsequently amended by SB 855, which was signed into law and became effective on October 19, 2010, the complete amended text reads:
SECTION 1. It is the intent of the Legislature in enacting this act to ensure that the public is provided all of the information relied on by State Air Resources Board staff in proposing the adoption, amendment, or repeal of a regulation, including all information related to, but not limited to, air emissions, public health impacts, and economic impacts. Nothing in this act is intended to supersede the provisions of the California Public Records Act (Chapter 3.5 (commencing with Section 6250) of Division 7 of Title 1 of the Government Code) or the Administrative Procedure Act (Chapter 3.5 (commencing with Section 11340) of Part 1 of Division 3 of Title 2 of the Government Code).
SECTION 2. Section 39601.5 is added to the Health and Safety Code, to read: 39601.5. (a) The state board shall make available to the public all information described in paragraph (2) of subdivision (b) of Section 11346.2 of the Government Code, related to, but not limited to, air emissions, public health impacts, and economic impacts, before the comment period for any regulation proposed for adoption by the state board. (b) In meeting the requirement of subdivision (a), the state board shall not release proprietary, confidential, or otherwise legally protected business information. The state board shall release information in aggregated form, where necessary, to protect proprietary, confidential, or otherwise legally protected business information.
- Emission and Cost Spreadsheets for Alternatives and Proposal (Excel)
- Emissions Inventory Model for Baseline and Final Proposal
Access database (1.1 GB)
- Population - DOORS Populations in the Off-Road Diesel Emissions Inventory
Info; Access database
- AB 8 2x data used to derive activity values in model
- Economic Recovery
- Data used to calculate age distribution fractions and average ages from 2009-2030 Info; Access database
- UCC-1 Transactions Data from Equipment Data Associates: Info; Access database
- Construction Sales Model used to derive model year adjustment factors for use in the Age Distributions Database (Excel)
- GSE Sales Model used to derive model year adjustment factors for use in the Age Distributions Database(Excel)
- Final Economic Recovery Factors to be used in OSM (Excel)
- Raw data and calculations to derive growth factors and forecasted recovery scenarios for all categories of equipment. (Excel)
- Allocation (Excel files)
- Emissions Inventory Models
- The emissions inventory for statewide mobile sources (Excel)
- LSI emission data
- OSM Executable Model (public version): confidentiality information;
Download zip files