If you are not seeing
the updated November 2013 version of the fact sheet when you click the
corresponding link, please be sure to clear your browser's cookies and
cache, refresh the page and try again.
- Low-Use Vehicle Exemption
- Low Mileage Construction Truck Extension
- Agricultural Vehicle Extension
- NOx Exempt Areas
- PM filter Phase-in Option and Credits
- Small Fleet
Good Faith Effort - The Air Resources Board will exercise flexibility for those exhibiting a Good Faith Effort to come into compliance with the regulation. A Good Faith Effort is defined as per the Advisory , and must be reported in the On Road Truck and Bus TRUCRS reporting system, where you will be able to select Good Faith Effort as a compliance option.
- Low Use
- Low-Mile Const.
- Good Faith
- NOx Areas
- The maximum threshold for low-use exempt vehicles has changed. Vehicles may be exempt if they travel less than 1,000 miles per with in California, or less than 5,000 miles per year total regardless of location. The hour limit has also been raised from 100 to 200 hours per year for low-use equipment. Annual reporting is required.
- For more detailed information see the Low-Use Vehicle Exemption fact sheet.
- The Low-Mileage Construction Truck Provision has now been reopened.
- Previously the deadline to opt into this provision was March 30th, 2012. It is now January 31st, 2014.
- For More information, see the Low Mileage Construction Truck Extension fact sheet.
- The Low-Mileage Agricultural Provision has now been reopened
- Previously the deadline to opt into this provision was April 30th, 2011. It is now January 31st, 2014.
- For more information, see
Vehicle Extension fact sheet.
What happens after January 1, 2015 in the new areas that don’t need to meet the January 1, 2014 PM compliance date?
ARB is administratively providing additional flexibility to owners/operators in many rural areas. However, details regarding what will happen after this period is over will be worked on in the upcoming rule-making process. Please participate in that process by attending workshops, either in person or via webcast. .
- The Particulate Matter filter Phase-In Option and Credits have been reopened, and will work retroactively.
- For More information, see the PM filter Phase-in Option and Credits fact sheet.
Hotline's Example Fleets --
Involving Good Faith Efforts and Early Access to Expected Regulatory