Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) subjects on this page:
Other FAQ and example pages:
If windows are not fully opening, click control and minus sign (ctrl -) to reduce font size.
- September 1, 2013
- December 31, 2013
- January 1, 2014
- January 31, 2014
- To avoid penalties for a manufacturer delay, order soot filters by this date to meet January 1, 2014 requirements.
- Deadline to apply for a soot filter extension if no filter is available from any manufacturer.
Drayage Regulation - All trucks must have engines that meet or exceed 2007 engine model year standards.
Transport Refrigeration Units (TRU) - 2006 reefer engine model year must meet Ultra Low Emission TRU (ULETRU).
Tractor-Trailer GHG Regulation - Fleets claiming an exemption or using a phase-in option must update fleet status by reporting which trailers met aerodynamic requirements (see next tab for the requirements).
Tractor-Trailer GHG Regulation - For 2011 model year and newer tractors and trailers andaerodynamic technologies and low rolling resistance (LRR) tires were required as of January 1, 2010.
- For 2010 model year and older tractors and trailers:
Aerodynamic technologies are required on all 2010 and older trailer fleets as of January 1, 2013, unless fleets were registered for one of the phase-In option delays below:
- Small Fleet Option - 25% of registered trailers
- Large fleet Option 1 - 50% of registered trailers
- Large fleet Option 2 - 60% of registered trailers
- For information about LRR tire requirements for 2010 model year and older tractors see the Tractor-Trailer GHG page.
Truck and Bus Regulation - 2005-06 engine model year diesel vehicles over 26,000 lbs. GVWR must have a soot filter installed, unless reported for an extension.
Owners using any of the following extensions below are required to meet a percent of total fleet compliance:
- School buses must meet 100%
- Phase-in option must meet 90%
- Log truck provision must meet 10%
- NOx exempt must meet 33%
- Low-mileage construction truck must meet 33%, and
- Small fleet provision - one truck must have a filter or upgrade to a 2007 engine model year or newer (with filter) to meet compliance.
Truck and Bus Regulation – Reporting deadline for: