Goods Movement Emission Reduction Program
The $1 billion Proposition 1B: Goods Movement Emission Reduction Program is a partnership between the Air Resources Board (ARB) and local agencies (like air districts and seaports) to quickly reduce air pollution emissions and associated health risk from freight movement along California's trade corridors. Local agencies apply to ARB for funding, then those agencies offer financial opportunities to owners of trucks used in freight movement to upgrade to cleaner technologies.
Update: The Prop 1B application period is currently CLOSED. You may sign up for the program's email list serve to be notified if funds become available in the future. Please note that eligibility requirements may change in future funding opportunities.
Am I eligible?
To be eligible, a fleet or truck owner must meet the following criteria:
- Fleet compliance with the Statewide Truck and Bus Rule.
- California operation:
- At least 75% operation within California for the past 2 years.
- Annual vehicle miles traveled (VMT) in California each year for the past 2 years:
- At least 20,000 miles for Class 8 trucks (33,001 lbs GVWR or greater).
- At least 20,000 miles for Class 7 trucks (26,001 - 33,000 lbs GVWR).
- At least 10,000 miles for Class 6 trucks (19,501 - 26,000 lbs GVWR).
- California registration:
- Current registration and prior registration for the past 2 years. Eligible registration types include:
- California base-plated registration, OR
- California International Registration Plan (California IRP), OR
- Dual-plated registration (California based-plated/California IRP and Mexico only) for trucks carrying goods
across the California-Mexico border, as they are required to be dual-plated.
- Truck must move goods for sale majority of time; and
- Owner must commit to operate the new/upgraded truck 100 percent (or 90 percent as selected by the equipment owner)
with at least 50 percent travel in four trade corridors and California base-plated registration or California IRP.
What can I get funding for?
Grants may be available for the following equipment:
- Replacement or repower of a Class 6 truck with 1996-2006 engine model year.
- Replacement or repower of a Class 7 or 8 truck with 1994-2006 engine model year.
Where can I find out more information on the program?
- Contact us at (916) 44GOODS (916-444-6637).
- Visit the Goods Movement Emission Reduction Program webpage.