► Program Overview
▼ Program Overview
- Goods Movement Emission Reduction Program is a partnership between the California Air Resources Board (ARB) and local agencies (like air districts and seaports) to quickly reduce air pollution emissions and health risk from freight movement along California's trade corridors. Projects funded under this program must achieve early or extra emission reductions not otherwise required by law or regulation. Trucks moving goods along California's main trade corridors for the past two years can apply for funding to repower or replace their equipment to 2010 standards or newer. See the tabs below to determine eligibility.
► Am I Eligible?
▼ Am I Eligible?
- Fleets must be in compliance with the statewide Truck and Bus Rule, funding cannot pay for 2013 or 2014 fleet compliance requirements.
- Drayage (port) trucks are not eligible for this funding.
- Truck replacement or repower for engine model years that are 2006 and older.
- Participating vehicles must demonstrate at least 75% operation within California for the past 2 years.
- Minimum annual vehicle miles traveled (VMT) in California each year for the past 2 years:
- 10,000 miles for Class 6 trucks
- 20,000 miles for Class 7 and 8 trucks
- Current and prior California registration for the past 2 years. Eligible registration types include:
- California base-plated registration, OR
- California International Registration Plan (California IRP), OR
- Dual-plated registration (California based-plated/California IRP and Mexico only) for trucks carrying goods across the California-Mexico border, as they are required to be dual-plated.
- Trucks must move goods for sale the majority of time in the priority trade corridors; and,
- Owner must commit to operate the new/upgraded truck 100% (or 90% as selected by the equipment owner) with at least 50% travel in four trade corridors and California base-plated registration or California IRP.
- 5 year or 500,000 mile contract period.
► For what can I get funding?
▼ For what can I get funding?
- Class 6 (GVWR 19,501-26,000 lbs.)
- $25,000 to replace old truck with new 2013+ engine model year truck, or $10,000 to repower with new 2013+ engine.
- Class 7 (GVWR 26,001-33,000 lbs.)
- $35,000 to replace old truck with new 2013+ or used 2010+ engine model year truck, or $20,000 to repower with new 2013+ engine.
- Class 8 (GVWR 33,001+ lbs.)
- $50,000 to replace old truck with new 2013+ engine model year truck, or $20,000 to repower with new 2013+ engine,
- $40,000 to replace old truck with used 2010+ engine model year truck.
*Additional Air Quality Improvement Program (AB118) funding is available for electric trucks (Class 6, 7, or 8). Visit the website for more information.
► For more information:
▼ For more information:
For funding information, including how to apply, contact one
six air districts listed below. Choose a district located in the
area where you move goods in most often. You can apply in any district,
regardless of where you live.
Applications will be accepted for a limited time through
December 12, 2013.
Questions regarding funding and the application process should
be directed to the air districts. If you have general questions
regarding the Prop 1B program, please see the program website at www.arb.ca.gov/gmbond,
contact us by email at email@example.com,
or call the Goods Movement Information Line at (916) 44 GOODS.