TruckStop logo.


Prop 1B Funding for Diesel Truck Replacement or Repower

  The solicitation period is currently closed  

► Program Overview ▼ Program Overview
  • Goods Movement Emission Reduction Program is a partnership between the California Air Resources Board (ARB) and local agencies (like air districts and seaports) to quickly reduce air pollution emissions and health risk from freight movement along California's trade corridors. Projects funded under this program must achieve early or extra emission reductions not otherwise required by law or regulation. Trucks moving goods along California's main trade corridors for the past two years can apply for funding to repower or replace their equipment to 2010 standards or newer. See the tabs below to determine eligibility.

► Am I Eligible? ▼ Am I Eligible?
  •  - Fleets must be in compliance with the statewide Truck and Bus Rule, funding cannot pay for 2013 or 2014 fleet compliance requirements.
     - Drayage (port) trucks are not eligible for this funding.
     - Truck replacement or repower for engine model years that are 2006 and older.
     - Participating vehicles must demonstrate at least 75% operation within California for the past 2 years.
     - Minimum annual vehicle miles traveled (VMT) in California each year for the past 2 years:
       - 10,000 miles for Class 6 trucks
       - 20,000 miles for Class 7 and 8 trucks
     - Current and prior California registration for the past 2 years. Eligible registration types include:
       - California base-plated registration, OR
       - California International Registration Plan (California IRP), OR
       - Dual-plated registration (California based-plated/California IRP and Mexico only) for trucks carrying goods across the California-Mexico border, as they are required to be dual-plated.
     - Trucks must move goods for sale the majority of time in the priority trade corridors; and,
     - Owner must commit to operate the new/upgraded truck 100% (or 90% as selected by the equipment owner) with at least 50% travel in four trade corridors and California base-plated registration or California IRP.
     - 5 year or 500,000 mile contract period.

► For what can I get funding? ▼ For what can I get funding?
  •  - Class 6 (GVWR 19,501-26,000 lbs.)
       - $25,000 to replace old truck with new 2013+ engine model year truck, or $10,000 to repower with new 2013+ engine.

     - Class 7 (GVWR 26,001-33,000 lbs.)
       - $35,000 to replace old truck with new 2013+ or used 2010+ engine model year truck, or $20,000 to repower with new 2013+ engine.

     - Class 8 (GVWR 33,001+ lbs.)
       - $50,000 to replace old truck with new 2013+ engine model year truck, or $20,000 to repower with new 2013+ engine,
       - $40,000 to replace old truck with used 2010+ engine model year truck.

    *Additional Air Quality Improvement Program (AB118) funding is available for electric trucks (Class 6, 7, or 8). Visit the website for more information.

► For more information: ▼ For more information:

► Funding Tips ▼ Funding Tips
  • These tips will help you prepare for the application, which requires information about truck usage:

    • Keep existing truck registered and in operation
      Maintain continuous DMV registration and continue moving goods the majority of the time. Do not register trucks as “Planned Non-operation.”

    • Stay compliant
      Large fleets must remain compliant at all times with the ARB Truck and Bus Regulation without the assistance of any grant funding requested in the application.

    • Clear all outstanding ARB violations
      All truck(s) and/or fleet must maintain compliance with ARB’s Truck and Bus Regulation and all other ARB regulations. Complete the Diesel Vehicles Questionnaire to find out which regulations apply to you.

    • TRUCRS reporting
      Report/register your truck(s) in ARB’s Truck Regulation Upload, Compliance, and Reporting System (TRUCRS). See frequently asked questions.

    • Clear title of any lien holders
      Clear title for the old truck is required for replacement projects before grant disbursement.

    • Verify VIN and engine tabs on existing trucks
      All trucks must have one tag in the cab of the truck verifying the VIN number and manufacturer’s GVWR, and an emission control label (ECL) that contains important engine information. If either of these two stickers are missing or are illegible, please visit your local truck manufacturer to obtain replacements.

    • Speak to a dealership about a replacement truck
      Replacement trucks are required to have an engine meeting 0.20 g/bhp-hr or less NOx emission level (FEL and CERT values) and 0.01 g/bhp-hr or less PM (CERT value) (model year 2010 emission standard). If eligible, grant amounts are based on the replacement equipment you purchase.

ARB Home | TruckStop Home
Diesel Hotline: 1-866-6DIESEL (1-866-634-3735)
    © 2015 TruckStop | Terms Of Use