Carl Moyer Memorial Air Quality Standards Attainment Program
The Carl Moyer Memorial Air Quality Standards Attainment Program (Carl Moyer Program) provides financial opportunities for the incremental cost of cleaner than required trucks, engines, and equipment. The Carl Moyer Program is implemented through the cooperative efforts of the ARB and local California air pollution control or air quality management districts (districts). Every year, ARB distributes State funds to participating districts. Such districts follow ARB Carl Moyer Program Guidelines to select, fund, and monitor specific clean air projects in their areas. Funding for trucks is limited in the Carl Moyer Program to those districts that administer fleet modernization programs.
Am I eligible?
To be eligible, a fleet or truck owner must meet all of the following criteria:
- Truck must have been owned and operated in California for a minimum of two years;
- Truck must have a manufacturer Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR) greater than 19,500 lbs.
- Truck must operate at least 75 percent in California.
- Be a part of a fleet of 10 or fewer trucks.
What can I get funding for?
Grants may be available for the following equipment:
- Replacement of a truck with a model year 2002 or older engine
Where can I find out more information on the program?
The following air districts administer fleet modernization programs. Please contact the local air district directly for additional information.
- San Luis Obispo County Air Pollutuion Control District- Andy Mutziger at (805) 781-5912
- Butte County Air Quality Management District- Armen Kamianat (530) 332-9400 X108