Carl Moyer Memorial Air Quality Standards Attainment Program
The Carl Moyer Memorial Air Quality Standards Attainment Program (Carl Moyer Program) provides funding opportunities for the incremental cost of cleaner than required trucks, engines, and equipment. The Carl Moyer Program is implemented through the cooperative efforts of the ARB and local California air pollution control/air quality management districts (districts). Every year, ARB distributes State funds to participating districts. The districts follow ARB Carl Moyer Program Guidelines to select, fund, and monitor specific clean air projects in their areas.
Am I eligible?
To be eligible, a truck must meet all the following criteria:
- Truck must have been owned and operated in California for a minimum of two years;
- Truck must be a heavy-duty diesel truck (greater than 14,000 gross vehicle weight rating);
- Truck must operate at least 75 percent in California; and
- There must be a diesel particulate filter verified by ARB for the truck engine.
What can I get funding for?
Grants may be available for the following:
- For fleets with 10 or fewer vehicles:
-purchase of exhaust retrofits for model year 1994-2006 engines
Where can I find out more information on the program?
Contact your local air district for information on funding or call the diesel hotline at (866) 6DIESEL (866-634-3735) for general information.