Truck Improvement/Modernization Benefitting Emission Reductions (TIMBER) Program
The Truck Improvement/Modernization Benefitting Emission Reductions (TIMBER) Program takes the current criteria of the Carl Moyer Program Fleet Modernization program and streamlines the requirements for both participants and air districts. The goal of the TIMBER program is to provide funding quickly to replace older, heavy-duty log trucks earlier than would otherwise be required by the Truck and Bus Regulation.
Am I eligible?
To be eligible, a fleet must meet all of the following criteria:
- Log trucks meeting the definition and criteria in the Statewide Truck & Bus Regulation
- Must report for the Log Truck Phase-In Option and in the Truck Regulation Upload, Compliance, and Reporting System (TRUCRS) by January 31, 2014;
- Operate in California 75% of the time for the last 2 years;
- Operate a minimum of 7,000 miles per year or consume 1,200 gallons of diesel fuel per year during the previous two years depending on engine model year.
What can I use my voucher for?
Toward the purchase of a new replacement log truck with a 2010 or newer model year engine that is at or below 0.50 g/bhp-hr NOx and 0.01 g/bhp-hr PM, and purchased through one of the participating dealerships. The old truck must be destroyed. Voucher amounts range from $10,000 to $60,000 and depend on the annual usage of existing log truck.
How do I obtain a voucher?
- The buyer fills out and submits a completed TIMBER application and required documentation at a participating dealership.
- The dealership forwards the application to a participating air district.
- The air district evaluates and approves the completed application within ten business days.
- The owner is responsible for the cost of the vehicle minus the TIMBER voucher amount.
information on TIMBER can be found at the TIMBER Program website.