Voucher Incentive Program - Replacement
The replacement component of the On-Road Voucher Incentive Program (VIP) takes the current criteria of the Carl Moyer Program Fleet Modernization program and streamlines the requirements for both participants and air districts. By streamlining the guideline requirements, the voucher program provides funding opportunities for fleets with 10 or fewer vehicles to quickly replace their older medium-heavy and heavy-heavy-duty diesel trucks with cleaner trucks.
Am I eligible?
To be eligible, a fleet must meet all of the following criteria:
- Truck must have been owned and operated in California 75% of the time during the previous 2 years;
- Must be an owner of a fleet of 10 or fewer medium-heavy or heavy-heavy-duty diesel trucks;
- Truck with a manufacturer Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR) greater than 19,500 lbs.
- Not use the replacement truck for drayage activities
What can I use my voucher for?
The replacement truck must have a model year 2007 or newer truck engine that is at or below 1.20 g/bhp-hr oxides of nitrogen and 0.01 g/bhp-hr particulate matter and be purchased through one of the participating dealerships. The old truck must be destroyed. Voucher amounts range from $10,000 to $45,000 and depend on factors such as the miles traveled per year, the weight class of the old truck, the fleet size, the emission standard of the replacement truck and whether the replacement truck is new or used.
How do I obtain a voucher?
- Get an application packet from a participating dealership.
- Submit the completed application and required documentation to a participating dealership.
- Once approved, purchase replacement truck and turn in your old truck for destruction.