Voucher Incentive Program - Replacement
The replacement component of the On-Road Voucher Incentive Program (VIP) takes the current criteria of the Carl Moyer Program Fleet Modernization program and streamlines the requirements for both participants and air districts. By streamlining the guideline requirements, the voucher program provides funding opportunities for fleets with three or fewer vehicles to quickly replace their older heavy-duty diesel trucks with cleaner trucks.
Am I eligible?
To be eligible, a fleet must meet all of the Guideline requirements including, but not limited to, the following:
- The fleet is currently compliant with all applicable federal, state, and local air quality rules and regulations;
- The truck must have been owned and operated in California 75% of the time during the previous 2 years (Some local requirements may apply);
- The applicant must be an owner of a fleet of three or fewer heavy-duty diesel trucks with a Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR) greater than 14,000 lbs;
- The truck must have a manufacturer GVWR greater than 14,000 lbs;
- The owner must not use the replacement truck for drayage activities
What can I use my voucher for?
The replacement truck must have a model year 2007 or newer truck engine that is at or below 1.20 g/bhp-hr oxides of nitrogen and 0.01 g/bhp-hr particulate matter and be purchased through one of the participating dealerships. The old truck must be destroyed. Voucher amounts range from $5,000 to $45,000 and depend on factors such as the miles traveled per year, the weight class of the old truck, the fleet size, the emission standard of the replacement truck and whether the replacement truck is new or used.
How do I obtain a voucher?
- Contact a participating dealership to see if funding is available or if local requirements apply.
San Diego County Air Pollution Control District Dealerships
South Coast Air Quality Management District VIP
Bay Area Air Quality Management District VIP
North Coast Unified Air Quality Management District VIP
- Submit the completed application and required documentation to a participating dealership.
- Once approved, purchase replacement truck and turn in your old truck for destruction.