Voucher Incentive Program - Retrofit
The retrofit component of the On-Road Voucher Incentive Program (VIP) takes the current criteria of the Carl Moyer Program Fleet Modernization program and streamlines the requirements for both participants and air districts. By streamlining the guideline requirements, the voucher program provides funding opportunities for fleets with 10 or fewer vehicles to retrofit their medium-heavy and heavy-heavy-duty diesel trucks.
Am I eligible?
To be eligible, a fleet must meet all of the following criteria:
- Truck must have been owned and operated in California 75% of the time during the previous 2 years;
- Must be an owner of a fleet with 10 or fewer medium-heavy or heavy-heavy-duty diesel trucks;
- Truck with a declared manufacturer Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR) greater than 19,500 lbs.
- Not use the replacement truck for drayage activities.
What can I use my voucher for?
The retrofit device must be ARB verified for the specific engine family in the existing vehicle and must be purchased and installed through one of the participating dealerships/retrofit installers. Voucher amounts range from $5,000 to $10,000 depending on miles traveled per year, fleet size and weight class of the vehicle.
How do I obtain a voucher?
- Get an application packet from a participating dealership/retrofit installer.
- Submit the completed application and required documentation to a participating dealership/retrofit installer.
- Once approved, purchase retrofit device and install on truck.