► Am I eligible?
▼ Am I eligible?
- To be eligible, a fleet must meet all of the Guideline requirements including, but not limited to, the following:
- The fleet is currently compliant with all applicable federal, state, and local air quality rules and regulations;
- The truck must have been owned and operated in California 75% of the time during the previous 2 years (Some local requirements may apply);
- The applicant must be an owner of a fleet of ten or fewer heavy-duty diesel trucks with a Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR) greater than 14,000 lbs;
- The truck must have a manufacturer GVWR greater than 14,000 lbs;
- The owner must not use the replacement truck for drayage activities;
- Existing truck must be model year 2006 or older.
► What can I use my voucher for?
▼ What can I use my voucher for?
- Grants may be available for the following:
The retrofit must be the highest level technology verified by ARB for use on the engine and be purchased through a participating installer.
The retrofit device that achieves the highest level of PM reductions
(Level 3: 85 percent reduction) and the highest level NOx reductions is
the highest level retrofit. Voucher amounts range from $1,000 to
$10,000 and depend on factors such as the miles traveled per year, the
fleet size, and the engine model year of the truck.
More information on the VIP can be found at the Voucher Incentive Program website or by downloading the Voucher Incentive Program Factsheet.