Tractor-Trailer GHG Final Regulation
Tractor-Trailer GHG Program Page
Regulation Applies To:
- - Applies primarily to owners of 53-foot or longer box-type trailers, including both dry-van and refrigerated-van trailers, and owners of the heavy-duty tractors that pull them on California highways.
► Exempt Trailer-Types:
▼ Exempt Trailer-Types:
- - Trailers less than 53 feet
- Drayage tractors and trailers that operate within a 100 mile radius of a port or intermodal rail yard.
- Curtain side vans
- Solid waste vehicles
- Drop frame vans
- Container chassis
- - Low-rolling resistance tires (LRRTs) are required on all 2010 MY or newer tractors and trailors. For 2010 MY and older equipment: All tractors required to have LRRTs by Jan. 1, 2013. All trailers required by Jan. 1, 2017.
- - Aerodynamic devices are currently required on all 2010 MY or newer sleeper-cab tractors and trailers. Aerodynamic devices are also currently required for 2010 MY and older trailers, unless you already registered and are following a phase-in plan.
Print This Information