2012 SAN JOAQUIN VALLEY PM2.5 ATTAINMENT PLAN
This page last reviewed September 21, 2015
On October 22, 2015, the Air Resources Board (ARB) will conduct a public meeting to consider Updated Transportation Conformity Budgets for the San Joaquin 2008 Ozone, 2012 PM2.5, and 2008 PM10 State Implementation Plans (SIP). If approved, ARB will submit the transportation conformity budgets to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (U.S. EPA) as a revision to the California SIP.
On January 24, 2013, the ARB approved the San Joaquin Valley Air Pollution Control District (District) 2012 PM2.5 Plan. The Plan sets out the strategy to attain the federal 2006 24-hour PM2.5 standard of 35 µg/m3 by 2019. The District adopted a Supplemental Document to the 2012 PM2.5 Plan on September 18, 2014, which was considered and approved by the ARB at a public meeting held on October 24, 2014. The 2014 updates to transportation conformity budgets for the San Joaquin Valley will be considered by the ARB at a public meeting to be held on November 20, 2014.
This page provides links to ARB and District documentation.
2015 Updated Transportation Conformity Budgets for the San Joaquin Valley Ozone, PM2.5, and PM10 State Implementation Plans
- Public Hearing Notice
- Staff Report: Updated Transportation Conformity Budgets for the San Joaquin Valley Ozone, PM2.5, and PM10 State Implementation Plans.
2014 Updates to Transportation Conformity Budgets for the San Joaquin Valley
- Public Hearing Notice (pdf - 36 kb)
- Staff Report: Updates to Transportation Conformity Budgets for the San Joaquin Valley 2012 PM2.5 Plan (pdf - 452 kb)
2014 Supplemental Document
- ARB transmittal letter to U.S. EPA (November 6, 2014) (pdf - 558 kb)
- Public Hearing Notice (pdf - 57 kb)
- Staff Report: Supplemental Document for the San Joaquin Valley 24-hour PM2.5 Standard State Implementation Plan (pdf - 110 kb)
- ARB Resolution (October 24, 2014) (pdf - 772 kb)
2012 Proposed Revision to the PM2.5 SIP
- ARB transmittal letter to U.S. EPA (March 4, 2013) (pdf - 135 kb)
- Public Hearing Notice (pdf - 32kb)
- ARB Staff Report: Proposed Revision to the PM2.5 State Implementation Plan (SIP) for the San Joaquin Valley (pdf - 439kb)
- ARB Resolution (January 24, 2013) (pdf - 228 kb)
- Supplemental Document for the 2012 PM2.5 Plan (link to pdf document on District website)
- 2012 PM2.5 Attainment Plan (link to District website)
ARB Technical Symposia
On April 27, 2012 and October 9, 2012, ARB held technical symposia on the scientific basis of the air quality modeling being conducted for the San Joaquin Valley 2012 PM2.5 Plan.
April 27, 2012
- Technical Symposium Webcast Video (link to non-ARB site - YouTube)
- Public Meeting Notice (pdf - 18kb)
- Agenda (pdf - 17kb)
- Scientific Basis of Modeling for the SJV 2012 PM2.5 Plan - J.Fierro, SJVAPCD (pdf - 429kb)
- Nature of PM2.5 in the San Joaquin Valley - K.Magliano, CARB (pdf - 1479kb)
- Review of Modeling Results from CRPAQS - M.Kleeman, CARB (pdf - 5654kb)
- Modeling for SIP Purposes - J.DaMassa, CARB (pdf - 301kb)
- Technical Approach for 2012 SJV PM2.5 Plan Modeling - A.Kaduwela, CARB (pdf - 634kb)
October 9, 2012
- Technical Basis of the 2012 San Joaquin Valley PM2.5 Plan Modeling - K.Magliano and A. Kaduwela, CARB (pdf - 1271kb)